Who are the people on your leadership team – and what’s holding them back?
What new information do they need to become:
- More confident?
- More effective?
- Top performers?
We design training programs on specific aspects of leadership development to match the precise needs of your leadership team:
- Nonprofits and public agencies
- Mid-level managers
- Startups or small businesses
Many organizations have advanced their teams with training on these and other aspects of leadership development:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
- Understanding the instrument and how to use it
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication and engaged feedback
- Alignment of mission, vision and values
- Fear of change
- Why do people resist change?
- What can we do about it?
- Embracing the leadership role
- Inspiring high-performing leaders
- Team building
- Succession planning
I know what it takes to train and develop better leaders
As a licensed independent social worker since 1980, I train from a foundation of social work knowledge, steeped in years of experience working in public agencies and nonprofit organizations and with the diverse populations they serve.
- Skills and experience
During my 30-plus years in social services administration, I was a proud public servant who led people in highly complex organizations – from the very small to the very large. So I lived the challenges of leadership every day.
- Time in the classroom
For more than three decades, I have taught social work and management courses at several Ohio universities including The Ohio State University and Wright State University. I know how to tailor content instinctively to meet the needs of different learners in the classroom.
As a personal and executive coach as well as a trainer, I can help you:
- Decipher what has – or has not – worked in the past
- Discover how to relate a new training concept to what you do every day as a leader in your organization
- Apply a new training concept to solve a problem you are experiencing right now
And I’m always on the lookout for “a coaching moment”: the chance to work one-on-one to help an individual build a new skill on the fly.
Before the training begins, I will:
- Ask the right questions to learn about you, your organization and how you work
- Assess where participants are on the leadership development spectrum
- Listen to your expectations about learning outcomes
During the training, I will:
- Start where the group is and tailor the training accordingly
- Present material how the group needs to hear it
- Ask provocative questions to help peel back the layers of discovery
- Keep it interactive – plenty of time for discussion and feedback
- Make it comfortable for everyone to participate
- Help individuals apply principles to challenges they face every day
- Involve everyone in problem solving so the group benefits from a diversity of knowledge, experiences and opinions
I take a systems approach to training – looking first at individuals and then the role they play in the larger system – and recommend ways to adapt.
After the training, you will:
- Know what your challenges really are
- Be confident in your ability to talk about – and apply – what you have learned
- Leave with the framework and initial steps toward an intervention plan
- Know how to apply new concepts where they can make the most difference:
- Immediate work group
- Larger work team
- Leadership circle
- Executive committee
- Board of directors
- One day
- Webinar format (for shorter trainings)
- Small groups (6–25 people)
- Large groups (25–100 people)
Train your leaders – and move your organization closer toward its vision
Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937.901.5612 so we can discuss your organization, your challenges and your team’s precise training needs.
Take that first step to find the answers that lie within you!