Go there and roam.”
– Bhagawan Nityananda, Indian guru
Do you yearn for the chance to:
- Get away from your daily routine to focus on a need, desire or goal?
- Challenge yourself to make progress in a relaxed, quiet, peaceful environment?
- Improve the way you live and work every day with family, friends and colleagues?
Retreats give you energy that inspires your best, most creative thinking and prepares you for the next step
Retreats for individuals
Our weekend retreats let you completely unplug – often at a secluded woodland lodge – while immersing yourself in a topic that fascinates you. You’ll make new discoveries about yourself while learning with others in a small group of six to 10 people.
Retreats for organizations
We facilitate retreats for up to 30 leaders, colleagues or co-workers ready to explore a new topic together, complete a task or accomplish a collective goal. Formats range from half days to three days during weekdays or over a weekend.
What to expect
Our retreats are interactive and dynamic and led by me, Rhonda Reagh, Ph.D., an Advanced Certified Personal and Executive Coach (ACPEC) through the College of Executive Coaching.
- A licensed independent social worker since 1980, I lead retreats from a foundation of social work knowledge, steeped in years of experience working in public agencies and nonprofit organizations and with the diverse populations they serve.
- During my 30-plus years in social services administration, I led people in highly complex organizations, helped them navigate life’s toughest problems and lived the challenges of leadership every day.
During a retreat, you’ll get the perfect mix of group coaching and training while participating in facilitated discussions that will challenge your thinking and change the way you look at things. Individual exercises and group activities help you apply what you’ve learned.
As your retreat facilitator, I can help you better understand yourself and others so you can better manage yourself and your relationships. Your starting point is more self-awareness – and more self-confidence.
We offer five retreats:
1. The Daring Way™
The Daring Way™ retreat explores topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, worthiness, perfectionism and self-compassion.
Join us if you want to live a wholehearted life, and show up in new and braver ways.
- The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Brené Brown. The method was designed for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams and organizational leaders. It can be facilitated in clinical, educational and professional settings.
- Participants are invited to examine the thoughts, emotions and behaviors that are holding them back and identify the new choices and practices that will move them toward more authentic and wholehearted
- The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.
“Being part of The Daring Way™ has been personally transforming. Through my experience, I have found my voice and expanded my personal vision for my future. The group has connected me to kindred spirits who meet monthly to make sure the work we started in our group experience continues. If you are looking to expand your understanding of self, connect to a Daring Way™ experience through Reagh and Associates!”
2. Rising Strong
The physics of vulnerability is simple: If we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall, says author and researcher Brené Brown.
“Rising Strong” is her book about what it takes to get back up, and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle can be our greatest call to courage and the clearest path to a wholehearted life.
Join us for a retreat that reveals the process and the practice of Rising Strong.
“The Rising Strong retreat was such an incredible experience. The support and encouragement I experienced from group members while working toward my own growth was like none other!”
“I left the Rising Strong retreat feeling like a weight had been lifted from my life. Although the beginning and middle of my story didn’t change, I now have the skills to rewrite the ending and make different choices in the future. I highly recommend the Rising Strong retreat!”
3. Change It!
How many times have you tried to change a behavior only to return to “the old way” overnight? Have you ever wondered why that happened?
This retreat explores personal change. You’ll learn what we do that helps or hinders our ability to embrace change, and discover how to make change last. We’ll cover:
- Your commitment goals
- What you do instead of your commitment goals
- What goes in your “Worry” box instead of your new behavior
- How to craft small experiments to propel you forward
So bring a nagging challenge, and dig deep on this retreat to finally Change It!
“Change It! helped me unlock new discoveries about myself – one ‘ah ha’ moment after the next! – and made me realize why I do some of the things I do. Once I understood why, I had the confidence to finally start doing some things differently in order to be happier and more satisfied with myself. This process taught me that nothing is as it first appears.”
“The 2015 Change It! Retreat, facilitated by Rhonda Reagh, was a game-changer for me. This was an opportunity to jump off the merry-go-round and spend some quiet time reflecting on what’s stopping me from achieving my goals and dreams, and walking away with some workable strategies to use in order to ‘change it.’ None of this would have been possible without Rhonda’s firm but gentle guidance through a sometimes challenging but highly rewarding process. Bonus: forging new and/or deeper friendships with a small group of awesome ladies! A good balance of group work and individual time for rest, reflection, and enjoying nature in a beautiful setting.”
4. Courageous Leadership
Come and explore self-confidence, accurate self-assessment, empathy, highjacks and vulnerability in the context of leadership.
Join us for a retreat that integrates emotional intelligence principles with The Daring Way™. By challenging your fears as a leader, you’ll change your vision of leadership – and find yourself leading in a whole new way.
“This retreat gave me a gift: a whole new vocabulary and language for thinking about and processing how I interact with people and how they interact with me in situations involving risk, leadership or collaboration. I know where I am weak, where I am strong and what I need to keep working on. Courageous Leadership gave me a guidebook for daily living.”
5. Customized Retreats
Need an experienced coach and facilitator to tailor a retreat for your team?
We’ve led customized retreats on these and other topics:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
- Emotional intelligence
- Communication and engaged feedback
- Alignment of mission, vision and values
- Fear of change
- Embracing the leadership role
- Inspiring high-performing leaders
- Team building
- Succession planning
Contact us about developing a customized retreat today!
Retreats can help you still your mind, learn something new, get the answers you seek and make change faster.
So don’t wait!
Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937.901.5612, and let’s discuss the best retreat option for you.
Or check upcoming events for our scheduled retreats.
Take that first step to find the answers that lie within you!